We are moving to a new ISP on TUESDAY 2nd MARCH (Changed from the original date of 19th Jan). 

As this involves the installation of a physically new service line there may be some downtime between the deactivation of our existing service and the new one going live - plus of course the time taken for my updated IP address to propagate through the DNS servers. 

On the plus side, once the new service is live we will at long last have a proper static IP address, so the one every month or so outages should become a thing of the past.  Plus our new upload speed should be something like 50 times faster than the current one - not that with a site this basic you're likely to really notice that...especially when the server's not exactly cutting edge anyway!



So it would seem that you have stumbled across my little corner of the internet. 

Historically this website used to allow me to share my interest in lighting technology and served as a platform for me to review some related products.  However as times have changed I'm tending more towards the vintage technology side of things these days.

It's worth noting that the sections on this website will likely get a bit of a shuffle in the near future as I want to give this place a bit of a spring clean.  Quite a lot of the flashlight reviews and older bits of the lighting pages were written when I was in my teens and honestly makes me cringe to read nowadays!  Nothing will actually be deleted, but quite a few of the older pages on this site will be relocated to an archival section and the pages labelled as such.  They're still of historic interest I think so some of my regular viewers, and it'll be interesting for me sometime down the road to look back and see how far I've come! 

So, take a look at the navigation frame to the left, and pick your destination.  I welcome constructive feedback on everything here, whether positive or not, or just random queries about pretty much anything, and very much enjoy hearing people thoughts on the site.  So if you want, drop me a line, response times to email do vary, but I do attempt to respond to every one I get regarding this website. 


10th February 2021: New page added for the Prinztronic Mini 7 Calculator to the Vintage Technology Page.  For all it's a relatively inexpensive one from its period, has to be one of the nicest looking designs I've got in here I think.

25th January 2021: Added the page for the Generic Transparent Solar Powered Credit-Card Style Calculator.  Felt it was worth having an example of the end of the calculator market where they've become so cheap as to be give-away items in addition to some of the high quality instruments from the heyday of the technology in the collection and on this page.

Note that I have also started to remove any links to  The LOZ prefix on the address is a holdover from when I had several websites hosted on this server and is no longer needed.  Bookmarks can now be updated to just - though the original address will still resolve correctly so it's not essential.

17th January 2021: Added the Casio PF-3000 Calculator and Data Bank to the Vintage Technology Page.  I've also rearranged the tables on that page so items are arranged in alphabetical order to make them easier to read.  I'll be doing the same elsewhere on the site in the near future.  The "as added" order made sense when there were only a handful of entries, but it's just a mess these days in most cases.

I participate in a number of distributed computing projects through the Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing (BOINC) platform.  My current credit count for the projects I am (or have been) involved in is listed below.

If you've arrived from another website and are stuck in someone else's frames, please click here.